Been busy the last few weeks trying to finish up the initial updates on the new www.MoragaHistory.com website.
As of yet we have been unable to come up with a subscribe option for these updates so we are going with an e-newsletter option for now. We will send updates only occasionally, at the most once a month, so we can avoid clogging up your email. Please fill out the new “Subscribe to our mailing list‘ form on the righthand side of this website to subscribe to the e-newsletter.
Great information from contributors on the Moraga family history since our last update.
Thank you all very much.
Be sure to check our Photo page to see:
- An image of either an unknown Moraga or Lt. Gabriel Moraga. Do you know who? Please let us know at email@example.com
- An image of a mural in the Town of Moraga depicting Lt. Gabriel Moraga. Image courtesy of Jessica Velarde-Montes. The Velarde family is related to the San Francisco branch of the Moraga family living in Ventura County, California.
- A courtesy photo with information on Gabriel’s Moraga exploration in the southern San Joaquin Valley in California. Do you know who was the first Moraga to actually live in the Los Banos / Firebaugh region of the San Joaquin Valley? If so, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Joaquin Moraga family pedigree chart courtesy by Jessica Velarde-Montes.
- A slideshow of the Frieda Castro Martinez de Moraga family in El Rio, California with images courtesy of Roxanne Mueller.
We have also added:
- A new Cuentos / storytelling page with links to newspaper articles and other sources with entertaining information on the Moraga family.
- Links to more obituaries of Moraga family members in El Rio, California.
- An update on the roots of the Moraga family of El Rio, California, including new information on a Basilio Moraga of Santa Ana, father of Salvador Domingo Moraga, born San Ignacio in 1760, with both towns near Magdalena, Sonora. Do you have some more information about Basilio, Salvador and their connection to earlier Moraga families in Sonora. Please send information to email@example.com
Thank you again for contributing photos, documents and links to other historical information on the Moraga family. We also look forward to receiving any family history stories or research they you might want to share with us.
Until next time. Take care…